Friday, June 10, 2011

Brazilian Limeade



Lately, I've been wanting to make limeade. I love citrus and what could be more tasty on a hot summer's day than limeade? Brazilian limeade! It's a fun way to jazz up the normal stuff and really easy to make. I searched for a recipe on allrecipes.com and found one that I wanted to try. It is delicious! And, yes, this is my dorky husband trying to act all suave for the picture. Haha.



Recipe:
2 limes
1/2 C sugar
3 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
3 C water
ice

Wash limes, cut off the ends, and cut into slices.
Place the limes, water, and sugar in a blender and pulse.
Strain the mixture to remove rinds and keeping the juice.
Now add sweetened condensed milk and ice and pulse again!

I changed this a little bit from the original recipe because I thought this worked better. Adding more ice will make it a slush, and if you're like me, you'd add extra lime for even more kick!

Oh and P.S. this doesn't store very well, so only make what you can drink within a few hours!


0 comments:

Post a Comment