Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BLT Chicken

Tonight Abel and I tried a recipe that I got from my sister Sydney which she got from Rachel Ray. It is called BLT chicken. B as in Bacon, L as in Leek, and T as in Tomato. It is a good combination of savory (or as Abel would say "umami") and creamy. As I was cooking the recipe, Abel asked what we were going to eat with it.. I had no idea haha. The recipe didn't say to serve it over rice or pasta or anything of the sort, so we decided we would try it over our favorite type of pasta--angel hair. It was super easy and DELICIOSO! So, everyone should try it!!



BLT Chicken
Ingredients:
-chicken breasts or boneless thighs cut into medallions
-4 pieces of bacon
-3 leeks (diced and washed well)
-3 roma tomatoes
-1 1/2 C chicken stock
-1T flour
-1/2-3/4 C cream (depending on how much you want)
- salt & pepper
-dry white wine (I didn't have this, so I didn't use it and it still tasted great)
Directions:
In one pan, salt and pepper the chicken. Place the seasoned side down first and cook until done.
In a second pan, cook the bacon until crispy. Break up the bacon pieces into the same pan and add the diced leeks. Cook these until soft.
When the leeks are soft, add the flour and mix.
Next, add the chicken stock, tomatoes, and pepper to taste.
Then add the cream.
When the chicken is done, remove the chicken from the pan and pour a dash of wine into the pan to remove the chicken drippings.
Pour the drippings and wine into the sauce mixture.
Wa-la! You're finished!
I would serve it over your favorite pasta :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment