Sunday, May 1, 2011

Vinyl Mail Holder

So, a while ago I saw the coolest DIY mail holder/magazine rack made of old records. I thought it was so cool that I had to try it myself. Knowing that my dad has TONS of old records, I gave him a call and he mailed a few up to me. Thanks Pops! 
So today, Abel and I decided to give it a try. It was pretty simple. You basically iron a vinyl record until it is bendable and then you shape it how you want. Our best one was made by ironing a strip close to the middle and then bending it around a book to get the flat bottom. You just have to make sure you work fast because the vinyl cools pretty quick. Here's what we came up with. 




Ignore the ugly mail. Had I been a professional photographer I would have found cool mail and magazines to put in this. But, I'm not so I settled for the actual mail at our house. :) 

4 comments:

Ephraim said...

Love the blog! What's Abel blogging about for his M Com class?

Haley said...

Just life I think. Nothing specific that I know of.

Emily said...

Love it! Look at you being all crafty!!!

-brooke said...

Haley, that is the cutest idea of all time! I love it & it is totes on my to-do list. Cute blog, girl!

Post a Comment